Thursday 6 February 2014

Excitement as 20 year-old Flies Drone in Benin


Although the scene caused traffic congestion at the Oba Ovoranmwen Square in Benin City, capital of Edo State,   there was a however a  wave of excitements when a 20 year old boy,  Aghogho Ajine tested a drone he built at home.

The drone, as big as a traveling bag,    was controlled by a hand held device as  it flew through the sky and landed as directed.

Against this backdrop, operatives of Edo State Traffic Management Agency [EDTMA] held the boy.

For performing such feat, Aghogho was raised shoulder high by the elated crowd after the drone landed as directed.

In a brief interview, Aghogho said he is 20 years old and has never been to any school.

He said he built the drone from a personal research at home.
"I am from Delta State. I have not been to any school before. My house is my school. I learnt it at home from my research. I used plywood to build it."

Consequently, some persons present offered to buy him food, but he declined and thereafter, he  was later whisked away from the large crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment